About Our Firm
When you need family law assistance in the Montgomery County or Washington DC area, look no further than the Law Offices of Tina Sharma. Our firm is fully dedicated to helping with all types of family-related legal matters, and we know how to seek the best possible outcome in family court.
Whether you are considering a prenuptial agreement before getting married, hoping to adopt a child, or seeking a divorce, we are here to help you through your important life and family transitions. We know how to apply complex Maryland and Washington DC family laws to your case and seek the most efficient resolution possible.
Working with Our Clients Every Step of the Way
We know that legal matters involving your family are stressful and emotional. There is a lot on the line, your future is uncertain, and you likely have many questions. The good news is that you do not have to face this process alone.
Divorce is a major change in your life, and the outcome of your legal case can impact your financial future and relationships with your children. It is all too easy to get tripped up on minefields in the divorce process, which can lead to less favorable results than you deserve. Our firm is here to help you navigate through the minefields and aggressively represent your rights.
While every case is different, our goals align with yours, and these can include:
- Protecting your rights as a parent
- Being able to see your children
- Fighting for the child or spousal support you deserve
- Moving forward in the best emotional and financial position possible
You can rest assured we are on your side every step of the way.
Taking on Tough and Complex Cases
Some divorce cases are relatively straightforward, but you still want the right lawyer representing you in even simpler cases. On the other hand, some divorces can have highly complex concerns at issue, and you want a sophisticated and experienced divorce attorney handling this type of case.
Divorces can be particularly complicated when the spouses have a high net worth. Each spouse wants to ensure they receive their fair share of their wealth, and property division matters might include:
- Valuation of closely-held businesses or corporations
- Partnership interests
- Analysis and validation of business expense deduction
- Professional vs. personal goodwill
- Pensions, 401(k)s, IRAs, and other retirement funds
- Ownership and royalties for intellectual property (patents, copyrights, and trademarks
- Stock and stock options
- Profit-sharing interests and deferred compensation
- Commercial and residential real estate
- Off-shore accounts
- Complex investment portfolios
- Rewards and points from airlines or credit cards
- Heirlooms and inheritances
- Personal collections
With all of the above potentially at stake, it is critical to make sure that you have the legal representation you need for this type of high net worth divorce case.
No matter what kind of family law concerns you have, the Law Offices of Tina Sharma can evaluate your rights and options. We’re ready to help, so please never hesitate to contact our firm directly.